Welcome
Welcome to languatron

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Blood & Chrome

Universal Studios lifeblood is the favorable, false impression they always try to create for themselves on the Internet. It seems Universal Studios didn't like the favorable, legitimate reviews of specific books criticizing them on Amazon.com. All of the favorable reviews of these books deleted by Universal Studios and Amazon.com were luckily saved, and have been restored here!! Enjoy!!

Blood & Chrome

Postby languatron » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:06 pm

Blood and Chrome: The SyFy Channel's Sham Interpretation of Battlestar Galactica Continues

Read what the differing opinions about this book have to say...

http://www.amazon.com/Blood-Chrome-Inte ... %26+chrome

These differing opinions by the way, were written by Universal Studios stealth marketers and employees who coerced Amazon.com into removing all of the favorable and legitimate book reviews restored below.

https://www.createspace.com/3535598

7 of 25 people found the following review helpful

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Show on TV, November 25, 2012

By Greywacke - See all my reviews This review is from: Blood & Chrome: SyFy Channel's Sham Interpretation of Battlestar Galactica Continues (Paperback)

There was a reason that Time Magazine named Ron Moore's new Battlestar Galactica a 'best show on TV' in 2008. My advice, watch both shows and think for yourself. Then decide on buying the Blood and Chrome DVD. For Sci Fi fans, both Battlestars are great. Choose to love both, or choose to love just one. Its a win-win choice for Sci Fi fans. It is sad that an author is trying to profit by polarizing the Sci Fi community further and making the re-envisioning of a classic show into a win-lose situation.

In my opinion, as someone who watched the original BSG as a kid and loved it, the new BSG was a welcomed reinvention of the older show. The new BSG was a completely envisioned series that ran its course. The old BSG, while fun and campier for kids, really only lasted one season in its proper form (Season 2 could be considered a different show) and never develop as it should have. Still, viewers looking for a great Sci Fi story cannot go wrong with either series. They are 'must have DVDs' in my collection. I'm sure Blood and Chrome, like its predecessors, will be great.

12 out of 19 people found the following review helpful

5.0 out of 5 stars Blood & Chrome? Try Puss & Slab., December 3, 2012

By D. Marley

Aside from getting headaches everytime I watch a Ronald D. Moore production, I also get overwhelming deja vu. Instead of reminding me of Battlestar Galactica in the slightest, Blood & Chrome reminded me of a boatload of previous science fiction movies and tv series I have already seen before. Done much, much better the first time around. 'Aliens, Species, Space: Above & Beyond, Blade Runner, Mad Max, and Virus' are just a few of the productions that you will see tattered fragments of in this 'Blood & Chrome' movie SyFy Channel first debuted on free to view Youtube.com and now wants you to fork over what $20.00 to see this thing on stupid DVD? I have some advice. Catch it free on Youtube.com before it completely disappears and ends up discounted to $5.00 at Target and Best Buy.

I have noticed every single time SyFy Channel does an original production like this, they first have the producers and writers of these stupid things watch and raid for ideas, practically every science fiction movie and television series done for the past 25 years. 'Blood & Chrome' is the result. If you keep getting the overwhelming sensation of something being vaguely familiar every 5 minutes while watching this thing, your memory is not playing tricks on you. It's just Ronald D. Moore and SyFy Channel up to their old tricks of raiding the past for ideas.

18 out of 24 people found the following review helpful

5.0 out of 5 stars Are you kidding me? Universal Studios and Battlestar Galactica? Compatibility not!! February 21st, 2011

By Albert Dowl McLarson

As a science fiction fan my entire life and a casual observer of the rotten things Universal Studios routinely does with the genre, it doesn't surprise me in the slightest that Blood & Chrome will stink if and when it is ever seen. Universal Studios approach to all things science fiction and primarily Battlestar Galactica is to make it look like a salvaged junk yard with scripts you have seen in one form or another from every genre imaginable. This has been the production blueprint for Caprica, that thing from Ronald D. Moore Universal Studios had the nerve to call Battlestar Galactica, and now Blood & Chrome. Thank the Lords of Kobol this book was written because if it wasn't written I probably would have written it myself.

19 out of 36 people found the following review helpful

5.0 out of 5 stars From free showings on Youtube to bargain basement DVD. Blood & Chrome has a bright future., December 3rd, 2012

By Michael Faries This review is from Blood & Chrome

More books like this need to be written about Universal Studios and their sleazy activities with the Battlestar Galactica property. What has been interesting about all three of these trashy productions from the SyFy Channel, GINO-Caprica-Blood & Chrome is that none of them have been Battlestar Galactica. No, just because the SyFy Channel claims something is Battlestar Galactica doesn't mean that it is Battlestar Galactica. The SyFy Channel has been claiming for years that it is a Science Fiction channel but really isn't. If the SyFy Channel existed as a local UHF outlet in the early 1980s it would have put itself out of business with all of its crappy programming.

In the 21st Century unfortunately, crappy cable outlets like SyFy Channel are allowed to survive with their endless Science Fiction television programming in name only like Battlestar Galactica and lately Blood & Chrome. Much like everything else the SyFy Channel produces that is supposed to be Science Fiction or Battlestar Galactica merely because the SyFy Channel claims so, Blood & Chrome has this eerie and creepy business and corporate feeling about it. As if everything you are watching in terms of characters and situations was signed off on by every bean counter and demographic junkie working at Universal Studios and SyFy Channel. Characters and situations not entertaining in the slightest but rather components of a much larger business agenda at Universal Studios and SyFy Channel designed to kill Science Fiction television programming and the only true Battlestar Galactica production from 34 years ago.

6 out of 14 people found the following review helpful

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm not going to pay for DVD garbage that was free on Youtube.com., December 17th, 2012

By Russell Sanders aka Stump Beefknob

The SyFy Channel's instantly forgettable production called Blood & Chrome joins the likes of 'Ice Spiders', 'Frankenfish', 'Sharktopus', 'Wrestling', and 'Cooking With What's His Name.' It shows how much faith SyFy Channel had in the 'Blood & Chrome' project by first debuting it in fragments on http://www.youtube.com and then hoping someone will buy the entire unedited sloshy mess on instantly marked down DVD. This production was monkey urine from beginning to end. How serious it took itself, how derivative it was, how boring it was, how faceless and forgettable every cast member was, and how the script suffered from spineless unoriginality. How unoriginal Blood & Chrome was presented here makes it an interchangeable component with the 'Alien' movies, the 'Space: Above & Beyond' television series, contemporary war movies, and a Telemundo soap opera spoken in English.

This book really unleashes wave after wave of hatred on this television production and rightfully so. 'Blood & Chrome' didn't need to be made and it shouldn't have been made. Nothing new or original is being said so, and it's such an obvious component of the overall strategy at the SyFy Channel to unsuccessfully keep the memory of the real Galactica series from 1978 dead that this fact doesn't need to be debated any further. Blood & Chrome along with Caprica and GINO all failed to keep the memory of Galactica circa 1978 dead because all three productions were badly made from producing, writing, to casting. Blood & Chrome like everything else from SyFy Channel will fade from memory rather quickly because of its stunning unremarkability. It's rank and file television production here as only the SyFy Channel does it. With a low budget, crappy CGI, and location shooting in Vancouver. Been there done that with every previous SyFy Channel production regardless of subject matter.

8 out of 15 people found the following review helpful

5.0 out of 5 stars Sci-Fi Channel never got it right with GINO and Caprica so there is no surprise here., October 3rd, 2012

Brett Steele Hawthorne aka Rumbly HoweStern Read all of my Reviews

The Sci-Fi Channel's third failed go-around with Ronald D. Moore's rotten concept for Battlestar Galactica consisted of all of the commercially failed elements present in the first two series. As a producer and scriptwriter Ronald D. Moore never has anything new to say about anyone or anything and neither does the Sci-Fi Channel. If you are in the mood to watch an endless pastiche of everything science fiction related Ronald D. Moore ever watched his entire life except Battlestar Galactica because he never did watch or understand that classic series then Blood and Chrome is for you. If you would also like to watch another pilot movie / horror movie that the Sci-Fi Channel blindly signed off on / rubber stamped as their typical rundimentary fare then Blood and Chrome is for you.

As a producer and scriptwriter Ronald D. Moore's biggest problem is he overdosed on all things Star Trek for so long, he sees every successive project as only a slight variation on the Star Trek format whether it's actually Star Trek or not. Productions like GINO, Caprica, and Blood and Chrome easily pass as Star Trek fare if Star Trek were going thru the worst creative period and writer's block phase any tent pole property were to be going thru. To sum up, GINO, Caprica, and Blood and Chrome are all below average Star Trek productions without the level-headed oversight to prevent them from being so bad. If these productions were truly good and were truly profitable for parent NBC-Universal on a massive scale, Ronald D. Moore wouldn't have been so chronically unemployed and underemployed during the past decade.

9 out of 15 people found the following review helpful

5.0 out of 5 stars Anything the SyFy Channel slaps the Battlestar Galactica name on should be taken with a grain of salt., August 3, 2012

By Koenigrules This review is from Blood and Chrome

Blood and Chrome is shaping up to be everything you have seen already in Species, Aliens, Space Above and Beyond, Battlestar Galactica original, Star Trek, and present day war movies. Is there anything left the SyFy Channel and Ronald D. Moore haven't yet stolen from? I haven't actually seen a frame of this thing yet, but I'll trust my instincts based on the preproduction drawings I have seen and conclude that the miniscule audience tuning into this thing if it ever is released will be treated to more of the same nonsense we have come to expect from the SyFy Channel. If Blood and Chrome shapes up to be what I suspect it will be, it will be the final nail in the coffin confirming the fact that the SyFy Channel and Ronald D. Moore need to get out of the science fiction business they keep screwing up.

12 out of 22 people found the following review helpful

5.0 out of 5 stars Well, Blood and Chrome aired and the nonsense is over with., February 12, 2013

By Doogie Howser aka Captain Piddle Shorts

SyFy Channel now resumes its identity as a loser cable network contributing nothing to science fiction and Battlestar Galactica. This book while brief hits the nail on the head highlighting what is wrong with the SyFy Channel, Blood and Chrome, and everyone inexplicably employed after putting this abomination on the screen. I would love to see how the SyFy Channel plans to luggage this spitball, pack it in its *** suitcase, and carry it across multiple marketing platforms including Ipods. This Blood & Chrome thingy is dead. Crappy green screen and all. The SyFy Channel can now resume what it does best. Thinking about what its next crappy monster movies will be. The Fart Dragon? Crotch-Topus? The Snot Locusts? Killer Toupees? Zombie Masseuses? David Howe of the SyFy Channel is probably reading this right now and saying Zombie Masseuses? Great idea! Wait! We're not HBO! Damn!

17 out of 32 people found the following review helpful

5.0 out of 5 stars What surprise! Amazon.com removing negative reviews, postitive reviews, rigging sales numbers., February 12, 2013

By Neuromanzr aka Crunch Buttsteak

My friends and I bought at least 50 copies of this book last week and amazon.com is rigging the sales numbers. They should be up around 17,500 by now. As my best friend was telling me last week. Perhaps you know him his name is Bristle Bean Aromaston, that the amazon sales numbers are just wrong. Anyway, Blood and Chrome just sucked the other night. I mean just really sucked. The last time television was this bad and made me pass this much gas was watching the replacement Captain Marvel in Shazam reruns played by John Davey with his beer belly flopping in his tights trying to run across a field of lillys almost tripping on his own feet while doig so while the announcer sounding like he was inside an echo chamber trying to convince me that this was Captain Marvel. I never believed it. I kept asking where is the real Captain Marvel played by Jackson Bostwick? Who is this fat *** replacement? That pretty much sums up my feelings towards Blood and Chrome and why it is not the real Battlestar Galactica from 35 years ago.
languatron
Site Admin

Return to The "Restored Favorable Reviews" Deleted by Universal Studios & Amazon.com Section